Want to Cancel your Netflix Subscription? This guide will help you learn all the known methods for those who are unsure or don’t know how to do it. Similarly, it will work like a review for those who already know these methods to ensure that you’re following the procedure correctly.
How to Cancel Netflix?
Netflix is known for its premium content, easy interface, and straightforward services. However, sometimes, you might want to take a break. Perhaps you want to give other services a try, or maybe you’re unsubscribing to the trial. Regardless of the reason you have, we bring you a complete list of step-by-step guides to help you unsubscribe to Netflix.
Deleting Profile is Not an Option –
Netflix has a great option to create custom profiles to share the service with your friends or family. It allows everyone to have a personalized experience with recommendations according to their past streaming activities.
However, deleting your profile won’t end your subscription. Even if you delete all profiles, you can always create new ones. When you create different profiles, Netflix doesn’t charge you. Similarly, the billing cycle won’t end by deleting the profile.
Don’t Uninstall The App –
Another common mistake people commit uninstalling the App without following proper cancellation protocol. Even if you empty the cache, clear the data, and uninstall the App, it won’t stop the billing cycle. The billing cycle is connected to your preferred payment option. It could be a credit card, bank transfer, or something else. Your App is just a medium to provide you access to the services to which you subscribed.
A Reminder for Trial Users –
Netflix offers a 30-days trial almost everywhere, except the USA. If you’re using a trial version, you probably provided payment credentials. Once your subscription ends, Netflix will renew the subscription through these details. If you don’t want to get charged or don’t want to continue the services, you have to manually unsubscribe to Netflix.
Once your trial period ends, it won’t provide you any prompt. It won’t ask for any permission to continue the service either. Netflix will automatically renew the services. Therefore, as a general rule of thumb, always set a reminder for a day before the subscription ends. It provides you enough time to cancel the membership conveniently.
The above-given options won’t work for this process either. You have to follow through with the available methods mentioned below.
How to Cancel Netflix (All Methods Listed)
You have to unsubscribe in the same option you used for your subscription. Hence, there are three common methods known:
- From the platform through website or App
- Through iTunes, if you bought it from there.
- Third-party providers that offered you Netflix as a bonus
Each of these methods requires specific steps for you to follow. Given below is a detailed guide for each of these. Hopefully, you will find them useful and easy to understand. So without further ado, let’s begin!
Method1: Official Method (www.netflix.com)
This is the method you use to cancel Netflix from App or Website.
- Visit Netflix’s official website and log in. If you’re using an app, open it, and select any profile.
- On the top right corner, there will be a downwards arrow. Click on it. In the App, it would be your profile’s icon, so click on that.
- Steps from here are similar. The list will open. Find ‘Accounts’ on the list and click on it.
- Now you can see a membership and billing option with a big button for ‘Cancel Subscription.’ If you were using the App, Netflix would open a web browser with the same page upon clicking on accounts.
- Click on the ‘Cancel Membership’ button. It might ask you for confirmation.
- Viola! The process is complete.
This is the official method you can use if you have directly subscribed to Netflix.
Method2: Netflix DVD Cancellation
As we all know, Netflix initially started as a DVD rental service. If you still have the subscription for its rentals, you can follow the above-given process:
- From the ‘Membership & Billing’ category, you can find the ‘Cancel DVD Subscription.’
- You can click on it and confirm to initiate the cancellation.
It’s that simple! Now you don’t have to worry about DVDs anymore.
Method3: Cancel From iTunes
If you used Apple’s iTunes to get Netflix, then the process and App changes slightly. Make sure to use the device with the Apple ID that has Netflix. Here’s the guide:
- Go to the settings of your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Find ‘iTunes & Apps,’ then click on it.
- There you will find your Apple ID, visit it and click on View Apple ID.
- Go to subscription in the Apple ID.
- As mentioned before, make sure this is the same Apple ID associated with your Netflix account.
- Netflix will be on the list of subscribed apps and services.
- Click on it, and then you can cancel the membership from there.
Method4: Third-Party Method
A third-party could be your cellular provider or a bulk and bonus service you got for Netflix. It would depend on this service provider, and you would have to contact their customer service or follow their option. Each third-party service provider has a different method to follow. You can directly contact their executive to cancel your Netflix subscription.
How Long Does Netflix Subscription Last After Cancellation?
Netflix won’t stop working immediately after you unsubscribe. It will be available until the next billing cycle. So if you canceled Netflix at the start of the billing cycle, you would have a whole month to yourself.
Netflix doesn’t offer a refund even if you get a yearly subscription and decide to opt-out after a couple of months. However, if you want to change your plan and get a more costly package, Netflix will also charge you the difference. Correlatively, if you shift to a cheaper plan, you won’t get a refund.
These are strict policies under terms and conditions before you subscribe to Netflix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cancel my Netflix subscription?
- Log in to your Netflix account
- Open any profile and then click on your profile on the top right corner
- Click on the accounts option
- You will see a membership & billing option, and under that option, you will “cancel membership” button.
- Click on the “cancel membership” button and click yes on the confirmation.
What will happen to my Netflix downloads if I cancel the subscription?
If you cancel the subscription, then all your downloads will be lost, you won’t be able to access Netflix’s premium content.
Did Netflix cancel its free trial?
Yes, Netflix canceled its free trial in all the regions. Previously in India, Netflix offered a 30 days free trial, but it is no longer available.
Is Netflix a perfect replacement for cable?
If you want to watch live tv shows and sports, then Cable is a good option. Other than that, Netflix can be a perfect replacement for cable.
You may also like:
- Netflix India StreamFest
- NordVPN 30 Days Free Trial
- Netflix Statistics- Revenue Details
- Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video
Any service user in the world should unsubscribe right before the start of the new billing cycle. However, there are instances in Netflix where you can ask for a refund by contacting their team. If you are unsubscribing on the day of the billing and Netflix still charges you, they may initiate the refund. However, it’s better not to hold your breath. Always be prompt and use the above-given methods on how to cancel Netflix. Hopefully, you learned something that provides value to you.