AirDrop is one of the easiest ways to transfer photos, videos, locations, files, and more between iOS devices. You can share files wirelessly within the Apple device within Wi-fi and Bluetooth range. If you want to change your AirDrop name is extremely easy. Before we begin our tutorial, it is essential to know that the AirDrop name and Device name are the same. So, if you are changing your AirDrop name, this means you are changing your device name.
In this post, we will guide you step-by-step on how you can change your AirDrop name on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Changing AirDrop name on iPhone or iPad. Changing your AirDrop name on your iPhone/iPad is no rocket science.
More iPhone Guides:
To Know How Do You Change the AirDrop Name:
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Head to the settings app.
- Head over to General > About.
- Click on the name and enter a new name that you want.
- Once you are finished editing the name, click Done.
Changing AirDrop name on Mac:
You can change the AirDrop name on Mac in few simple steps below:
- Tap on System preference from the Apple Menu on your Mac.
- Tap on the sharing icon.
- Now, you will see the computer name on the top. Edit or rename the AirDrop name to what you want.
- Once you are done renaming it, click on ‘Ok.’
And that’s all! Now whenever people try to AirDrop you, your new name will be visible to them.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I change my device name?
Changing your device name is easy. All you need to do is head over to Settings > General > About > Device name. Put the name that you want and tap Done to save the changes.
Is AirDrop anonymous?
Apple introduced AirDrop for a rapid transfer of files between people in the same room. However, it also comes with a feature that lets you keep the AirDrop anonymous.
Can you track the history of AirDrop?
Unfortunately, Apple does not let you track the history of AirDrop. However, you can turn off the AirDrop when it is not required to avoid unnecessary file transfers and turn it on manually.
AirDrop is a boon to iOS users. Transferring photos and videos can be done within a blink of an eye without ruining their real quality. Whether you want to change your AirDrop name for fun or need to edit the current name, you can follow the steps mentioned above. We hope you found our article on how to change the AirDrop name useful. If you need any assistance, let us know in the comment section below.
You may also like:
- iPhone 13 Release Date (Rumors)
- How to Create Custom Ringtone on iPhone?
- How to Hide Apps on iPhone?
- How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone?
- 15+ Best Accessories for iPhone 12