One of the most frequently asked questions when planning implantation is what kind of dental implants to install. Implantation implies a huge number of different techniques, for each of which manufacturers around the world make special implants.
But is it really so? What’s the difference? Let’s try to figure it out.
Dental implant manufacturers: which are the best?
First, it is worth considering three groups of Teeth implants – from luxury to budget.
- The first group is elite. These include such manufacturers as the Swiss-American brand Nobel, Straumann, the South Korean brand Megagen, the Swedish-American Astgra Tech.
- The second group is the middle class. This group includes the German-American brand Xive, Ankylos, Impro, Biohorizons, the Swiss brand Biomed and the South Korean brand Osstem.
- The third group is the budget class. Mainly Israeli manufacturers – AlphaBio and MIS – have settled in this group. As well as South Korean dental implants from Dentium.
The difference in prices for dental implants
But why are some implants more expensive and some cheaper? In fact, according to the opinions of implantologists, there is a difference, and it lies in the following factors:
– The number of impurities to the titanium alloy, which directly depends on the engraftment of the implant to the patient’s biological tissues. Elite brands have the “purest” alloy, which can avoid many problems in the future.
– The surface of the implant is also an important fact. Indeed, in many patients, bone tissue loss is often observed, and reliable fixation of the implant in the bone is the most important factor during implantation. Elite brands have a cleaner surface, which makes it easy to move the implant to the bone tissue and at the same time securely fix it there.
– Service from the manufacturer. Undoubtedly, the clinic bears great responsibility for the patient. But when the implant has a serious manufacturing company behind its back, which provides proper service, this has a very positive effect on the “cooperation” between the patient and the implantologists. “Service” means warranty, bonuses, and responsibility for the quality of the manufactured implant.
Types of dental implants
There are 4 types of implants in total:
- Root-shaped. In appearance, they may resemble self-tapping screws, but their shape is similar to the shape of a living tooth. Often these implants are placed after a sinus lift (bone augmentation)
- If the patient’s bone tissue is severely depleted, the implant surgeon will have to resort to subperiosteal implants. They are distinguished by the fact that they occupy a significant area, which allows the prosthesis to be held securely. Also attached between the bone and the periosteum
- If the patient has at least the root of the teeth, then endodontic stabilized implants are used.
- There are also intramucosal implants – these are the types of implants that are not placed in the bone. It is used to strengthen dentures.
Such a number of types of implants allow implant surgeons today to approach each patient as individually as possible and find a way out of even the most difficult situations.
Survival of implants dental
Today, the high quality of implants (subject to cooperation with quality manufacturing companies) means the highest survival rate than ever – 98.5%!
But even if the implant did not take root, you have a guarantee, and you will simply be reinstalled. Therefore, you should not read scary stories about bad cases on the Internet – they happen extremely rarely, and there may be several reasons:
- Poor quality of the used implant
- Individual factors
- Poor implant care
- Systemic diseases of the patient (HIV infection, AIDS, hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus)
Implantation methods dental
There are the following implantation methods:
- Single Stage (Immediate Load)
This technique includes All-On-3, All-On-4, and All-On-6, Basal Complex, zygomatic implantation)
- One-time (immediately after tooth extraction)
- Two-stage (delayed loading)
The most unexpected facts about implants dental
- Many Israeli implants are made in Switzerland
- The discovery of osseointegration (fusion of titanium with bone) was discovered quite a by accident when one scientist studied the thigh of a rabbit with a camera, the body of which was made of titanium. When he was unable to extract it due to fusion with the bone, he made a new discovery.
- When proper care is taken, they will last a lifetime. This is not a bridge that will have to be changed.
- Implantation has practically no contraindications! A good implan tologist will make implantation even in the most difficult case, he will simply take into account individual factors.
- With implants, you can eat everything the same as with ordinary teeth.