Are you upgrading to the new iPhone 12 or 12 Pro from the old iPhone devices? Well, with the latest iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, Apple has stepped up the game with new features and designs compared to the previous models, including iPhone 8, 7, 6, and more.
One thing that will leave you surprised when you are upgrading from the previous Apple models is that even though iPhone 12 comes with a power button, you cannot simply turn off your iPhone from long pressing the power button.
Don’t worry. You do not need to follow any complicated procedure. All you have to do is press a few buttons, and you are all ready to roll! In this post, we will provide you a step-by-step guide on how you can quickly turn off your iPhone 12 (or 12 Pro/mini) and turn it on within a few simple steps.
More iPhone 12 Guides:
How to Turn off iPhone 12?
Turning off iPhone 12 or face ID iPhone when there’s no home button can confuse some users. However, there are two ways to turn it off. Let us go through both methods briefly.
Method 1: Hold The Side Button and Volume Buttons Together
- Hold and long-press the side button along with the Volume down button or Volume up button simultaneously on your iPhone.
- Slide to power off slider will appear at the top of the screen. Now, you can swipe the slider towards the right side to turn it off.
Note: Remember to press the Volume up button/volume down button and the side button together, or else it might lock your iPhone if you pressed the power button (side button) before the Volume up/down button. Secondly, you can tap on the cancel button if you do not want to turn it off.
Method 2: From Settings
Another easy way to bring up the power menu and switch off your iPhone 12 is by doing it from within your phone.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the General option and scroll down until you see the ‘Shut down’ option.
- Press on the Shutdown option to bring up the power menu.
- The slide to power off button appears on the top of your screen. Drag the power off slider towards the right side to turn it off.
How to turn on iPhone 12?
Turning on iPhone 12/mini/Pro can be done within a breeze. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- Long press the side button on your iOS device’s right side. Press until and unless you see the logo on your screen.
- Once you’re able to see the Apple logo, your iOS device is now turned on. After the phone is turned on, enter your password, and you are all set to use the device again!
Using the method above, you can also restart your phone whenever you want. Additionally, if you need to turn back your other iOS devices, you can follow the above steps.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use the above method for other iPhone 12 models?
Yes, you can use the methods mentioned above to switch off or switch on your phone for iPhone 12 models. All you have to do is long-press the side button and volume button together and then you need to swipe the power off slider.
How do I turn on my iPhone 12 pro?
You can turn on your iPhone 12 Pro quickly. All you need to do is long-press the side button on your phone until you’re able to see the Apple logo. Once the logo is visible on the screen, your phone is now turned on.
How can I restart my Apple iPhone 12 Pro max?
To restart your phone, press the Volume and the side buttons together until and unless you see the slide to power off slider. Swipe the slider to the right side, and your phone will be turned off. If you want to turn back your Apple iPhone 12 Pro max, you can press the power button till you see the logo on your screen.
Apple has come up with new designs and new features with their recent 12 series continuing the no home button sequence. When upgrading from the older models with the home button, you no longer have to get confused when turning off or turning it on.
All you need to do is press some buttons, and you are all set to take advantage of the new features. Using the steps mentioned above, you also turn off and turn on other devices with no home button, including iPhone 11, iPhone X, iPhone XS, and their pro models.
We hope you found our article on how to turn off iPhone 12 and turn on helpful. If you need any assistance, let us know in the comment section below.
You may also like:
- How Do You Change the AirDrop Name?
- How to Turn Off Google Assistant?
- AirPods Pro vs Galaxy Buds Pro
- 15+ Best Accessories for iPhone 12
- Best Headphones for iPhone 12